Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

31 Days to a Happier Life - Day 21

Looking good.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. True. But it also feels good to look good. Getting out of my sweatpants and into jeans and a nice shirt makes me feel like I have made a little extra effort to look nicer. Not just for me, but for my husband, for my kids, for anyone else who sees me. So, most days I will try to make a little effort to look nice (at some point in the day - hehehe).

There are lots of people who do the What-I-Wore-Wednesday blog posts. Some work, some stay at home, some are casual, some beautifully fashionable. One that I really like (because it is more my style) is The Pleated Poppy' s What I Wore. Another one (more stylish and exclusively just fashion-related) is Rachel Parcell's Pink Peonies. Both worth checking out.

I think it helps to have some inspiration to look to when you want to dress. I know the last thing on my mind is what I'm going to wear tomorrow. After dinner, and getting the kids in bed, and tiding up, and 5 minutes to myself, I pretty exhausted. So having a little inspiration always helps.

Any time I see an outfit I like, or reminds me of something I could pull together from my own wardrobe, I save it. Check out my pinterest boards for different season fashion - Autumn, Winter, Spring, Summer. Lots of fun outfits to draw inspiration from. And it has really helped me pick up my game in the fashion department.

You don't have to spend a fortune on your wardrobe. Find things that fit your budget and lifestyle. Add items when you can. A new scarf can do wonders to any outfit, and are not that expensive. TJ Maxx, Ross, Marshalls, Target are all good options too. Don't be afraid to mix and match items from new and old. Cool vintage pieces from secondhand store or ebay will really show your personality.

But most of all have fun!

Some of my What-I-Wore...








No comments:

Post a Comment