Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Soul-soothing Books (and some movies) - Summer Reading

I love to read and wish I had more time to do it. I try to carve out a little time for me in the evenings to read - sometimes it happens, most of the time, unfortunately not. But with summer now here I'm going to put a little more effort into making the time - every time I do it I love it and resolve to read more. So I have a list of books to read this summer, some fun ones too, I hope (saving them for the beach).


Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman


 Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen


The Help by Kathryn Stockett




The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night by Mark Haddon

Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray

The Wildwater Walking Club by Claire Cook


Went to Half Price Books today to see what I could pick up a little cheaper :) Found some on my list yeah!) and a few wild cards:

From my list I got:
Vanity Fair
The Woman in White
Saving CeeCee Honeycutt
 
My Wild Cards:
* The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows (this comes highly recommended by both my sisters-in-law, so must be good)
* Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
* Mennonite in a Little Black Dress by Rhonda Janzen
* Summer at Tiffany by Marjorie Hart (the Tiffany blue on the cover got my attention LOL!)
* Ulysses by James Joyce (on my long list forever - finally got around to buying it)

So excited now to start reading - MUST.GO.TO.BED.EARLIER (so I can read - hehehe!)

Also at Half Price Books I picked up a couple of movies - 2 for me and 1 for the kids. I LOVE My Fair Lady, so just wanted it to keep. Bought The Women - not sure if I have seen this - it is ringing a bell, but, oh well, got it anyway - it was only $3. My Fair Lady was $0.98 - but it is a VHS (yes, we still have our VHS player - I stock up on VHS movies from Goodwill for $1 each for the kids - you can not beat that!). And also got Black Beauty ($0.98) - this has been on the kids' list for some time, so I'm glad I found it.



Looks like I have a busy summer ahead - can't wait!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment