Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Munchy Mouthwatering Recipes - Vegetarian Pizza

Vegetarian Pizza

We all love this easy-to-make, yummy-vegetarian pizza. I buy my pizza crusts from the grocery store pre-packaged - they may not be as healthy as homemade versions, but I find them very convenient to have in the freezer for quick lunches or easy-peasy dinners.

I usually buy the small pizza bases - there are two in a pack - that way I can custom-make each person's pizza to suit them. My husband likes his hot - chili powder, peppers, jalapenos (I swear he has no taste buds left!) with little cheese. The girls like a little bit of tomato paste on the base, cheese and a little meat (usually whatever I have in the fridge - bacon, ham, etc). I like mine piled high with veggies. So here is the pizza recipe I do for me - Vegetarian Pizza:

1. Heat oven to 350F.
2. Place pizza bases in oven on racks to crisp them up - MAKE sure you keep an eye on them so as not to burn the base.
3. Next, pull the bases out and spread a layer of tomato paste onto the base, then put back into the oven for a few more minutes.
4. Chop all veggies going onto the pizza - mine always include capsicum (red & green), yellow squash, zucchini, mushrooms and olives.
5. Cook chopped veggies in a pan until cooked and juices gone - this will make the pizza not so soggy.
6. To assemble the pizza - you already have the tomato paste on there, now add a little cheese to the base - this will help the veggies stick.
7. Next add the veggies to the middle of the pizza then carefully move out to the sides, until pizza is covered to your desired thickness.
8. Lastly, add some more cheese to the top, place back into the oven until the cheese melts and browns just a little. YUMMO!

Forgot to take a picture of our pizzas - we were too hungry!! :)

Gwyneth Paltrow has a great blog, GOOP, and one of her posts was all about homemade pizzas. She has some awesome recipes on there - here is the link - GOOP Pizza.  Read the post - it is pretty funny! Would also love to have a pizza oven in my backyard - how awesome would that be?!

Image from GOOP.com

No comments:

Post a Comment