Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fall Inspiration

After this ridiculously long hot scorching summer I am SO ready for cooler temperatures. So, it is now October 12th - where are they!!???? Well, I should be fair and say the temps have cooled slightly. Today's high will actually only be 88º (F)! Better than 108º - yes! But I am starting to get a little jealous - everywhere on blogland you see beautiful fall displays, pumpkins, and recipes that all entice the "cuddle up and stay indoors" kind-of-feeling, and yet I'm not quite getting that feeling here yet.

So I guess today I've just had enough and will now decorate for Fall, even if the weather is not feeling very Fall-ish.

So onto Pinterest to my "Fall" folder for decisions, decisions, on what to do...

Oh, my, gosh. So sorry about that - kinda of forgot all about you over here! Got on the Pinterest and, well, got a little distracted ;) So Sorry! OK, so here is what I pulled out:

Pumpkins
I am so loving the white pumpkins this year. Don't know why or how, but they look so awesome, don't they? Especially love them contrasting with the fall colors - so pretty.

Source: bhg.com via Kathryn on Pinterest

Source: None via Kathryn on Pinterest



Source: bhg.com via Kathryn on Pinterest

Source: bhg.com via Kathryn on Pinterest

Source: bhg.com via Kathryn on Pinterest




Source: google.com via Kathryn on Pinterest




So many choices that I think I will just decide on front porch area first. I LOVE the BHG front door image (6th image down) so went to Home Depot and purchased some Mums. I also purchased small white pumpkins from Tom Thumb.
I think, since time is kind of running out, I will go for the big orange pumpkin with "Welcome" on it, plus another big one with decorative design, in black, on it. I will also add in smaller pumpkins - white and variegated. Should look pretty :)

I will post pictures in my next post. I had better get busy!


No comments:

Post a Comment