Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Whimsical Home Projects - Wreath Bird Bath

I saw this on Family Fun:



http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/home-garden-projects/outdoor-projects/easy-wreath-birdbath-675423/

Thought it would be perfect for our garden, especially considering how hot it is at the moment - those little birdies need some water! I did mine a little differently (see below) or you can click on any of the links (or photo) above to see how Family Fun did it.

I bought a 12 inch wreath from Hobby Lobby. The plastic saucer is from Lowes (they didn't have any color ones). The string is from WalMart, from the hobby aisle. I was going to use hot glue, but decided that it wouldn't really work - so just ignore the hot glue :)


First, I laid out my strings that will support the saucer, and cut all to same length.




Next I threaded the string through some of the wreath at each side, and tied.



I laid the saucer in there to make sure all the strings were even, and adjusted the strings until it made the saucer sit level in the wreath. I ended up having to use a 10 inch saucer - it was either 10 inch or 12 inch, and the 12 inch just didn't fit.


Two long strings tied off at the sides for the hanger.



Once in the tree, I adjusted the hanger strings to get the wreath level. I have an extra piece of string attached to the hanger strings then tied around the branch. I then tied a knot on the top to keep it sturdy. Fill with water.




Since the saucer is not attached to anything, it is easy to remove and clean. Remember to clean regularly and change water often, so the birdies don't get sick. Now just need to wait for the birds to come :)


No comments:

Post a Comment