Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Terrible Two's Tuesday

Double Trouble

Another great find at the local Goodwill. Knew these would be perfect for my little experiment. Hoping to spray paint them a blue, and really hoping I get a better result than the Thrifty Decor Chick did on her Goodwill vase.

Mmmmm, pretty pink and shiny brass!

I tried to unscrew it all so I could get the ceramic part out, but that ended up being WAY too difficult for this ADD person, so I just taped it off.


I spray painted with white Rust-Oluem spray paint first - they didn't have the blue I was looking for.


I let that dry over two days and the finish looks good so far :)

 

Next up - the blue!



Spray painted light coat to begin with, then went back about 10 minutes later for a second coat. I'm going to let this dry for a few days then do another coat.

So far, so goo, but will be keeping fingers crossed. Big reveal soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment