Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

I'm back, with a spring in my step!

We were attacked by the dreaded stomach bug - FOR THE WHOLE SPRING BREAK WEEK!!!! Agghhh!!!!!!

Stuck inside for 6 days, going a little crazy. Actually it was a severe case of cabin-fever!! Friday was the final straw, so we snuck out and went to the movies. Gnomeo and Juliet was the target, but why is that not matter how well organized you are and prepared and on-time that you can never get to the movies in time to NOT being sitting in the second front row!!??


Actually we made it to the third front row, but only just! I guess it is OK for the kids, but my experience is a little too close. Anyway, they both enjoyed it, it just got a little intense/scary with the big tractor thing, but overall a cute movie.

On the home front I got all inspired by The Lettered Cottage and her wonderful spring mantle makeover.

I LOVE her fireplace. Mine is so boring...and dark... and gloomy, so I cleaned it out, removed the screen, and buckets and fire tools. I would like to paint inside and around the fire box black. Then I got the crazy idea to beadboard around the base, board up the side "columns", tile the front with pretty black slate:



Oh, it would look perfect. Guess I'll just have to keep dreaming.

I will try to find some sweet spring decorations for the mantle instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment