Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Making Horses

(This is from my previous blog Toddler Play & Learn, but I thought it was so worth sharing again on here)

Found this wonderful blog www.designspongeonline.com, and on there was this great craft project by Ann Wood that I thought would be great to do with my 3 year old.

Basically you are making little cardboard horses to hang up on the wall (or wherever you fancy!). Ann Wood made this project with a goal of making 100 horses. They look awesome all together in a group (as Ann Wood has done), and can be done over a period of time. I also really like the idea she had of naming her horses and numbering them. I name and number mine and also date it, and put my little helper's name on it too!

My little girl loved drawing on her horse. We are also going to paint some another day, and I think I'm going to do a few of my own as well. I have the perfect spot in my breakfast area to put them up on the wall. I'm going to theme mine - architectural print on one (from my few years of study that I managed to do), ocean (love the beach), woods, etc, etc.

Love this idea - will update as we do more but here are a few pictures to start. Please check out the design sponge website for all the details on how to make them www.designspongeonline.com - all credit goes to Ann Wood, of course (and Design Sponge for posting this)!




Ours is still a growing collection (and so are my babies, now 4 yr old and 2 yr old), so doesn't quite measure up to the stampede Ann created yet - check out the photos of her stampede below, absolutely beautiful!! 



 The possibilities are endless...

No comments:

Post a Comment