Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Marvelously Mad Fitness

I'm currently on a mad fitness schedule to try to get beach-ready for August! Why, oh, why, do I always leave it until the last minute? In December I vaguely remember saying to myself "start NOW!". So what happened? I don't know - no excuses :( So here I am madly trying to get into shape so I can have a little sliver of self-respect when I squeeze into that swimsuit and head to the beach.

Here is this week's schedule:

Monday: Brooke Burke's video routine (video link is following), 1/2 hour Rodney Yee's A.M. Yoga for Your Week video and 1/2 walk (outside or on treadmill)

Tuesday: Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred video (serious stuff - awesome video - about 20 minutes of intensity sure to get this rear into shape!), 1 hour walk

Wednesday: Rodney Yee Yoga video and 1/2 hr run on treadmill

Thursday: Jillian Michael's 30 day shred video, 1 hour walk

Friday: Rodney Yee Yoga video (Friday is my rest day but I always need my yoga!)

Saturday: Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred video, Rodney Yee Yoga video

Sunday: Pilates, Abs & Legs workout from Denise Austin's book - Shrink Your Female Fat Zones


It's a little intense but I only have a little over 30 days to get ready. I am also an active person, so this is just an extension of my normal routine. Usually you need one rest day per week - so make one day a day you don't do anything, or just something light (like walking). ALWAYS consult with your doctor BEFORE starting any exercise schedule. It is important to make sure you are in good condition to start and that the exercises you choose are appropriate for you - it's always better to be smart than sorry!

I am working out at home. It is too difficult for me to go to the gym with my girls and I prefer doing it at home. We have a treadmill, so that obviously helps. I also have a great collection of workout videos, which I will share with you (and review) along the way. Most are easily available on Amazon, WalMart or Target. I also have a workout ball, yoga mat, strap, blocks, and a selection of hand weights and a kettle-ball.

I usually workout when my littlest is napping - that way I only have one to deal with - or before they wake up in the morning. I also split the workouts up. One in the morning, one after the girls have gone to bed. With workouts aimed to be around the 1/2hr mark this makes it more manageable if you have little kids to deal with too. It also helps with the motivation - you are more likely to commit to starting something for 1/2hr rather than a longer time. Well, at least it helps me - LOL!

So there you go - my weekly exercise schedule. And to start it off here is a short (but effective) video from Brooke Burke (you will need an exercise ball):

Get a killer butt with Brooke Burke:
A great butt can be achieved with simple exercises that only take 15 minutes out of a day, three days a week. Discover ways to use a workout ball to do butt exercises with helpful advice from Brooke Burke in this free video on exercises for an amazing butt.

http://youtu.be/JG1F2284ZrI




No comments:

Post a Comment