This soup is made with fresh spring onions and not much else. Because it doesn't need it.
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil very good extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 pound onions spring onions, bulbs, leaves and roots, chopped
- 1 pinch salt and pepper each salt and white pepper
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 cup water water
- 1 clove garlic garlic, peeled and minced
DirectionsHeat oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add all the onions and garlic, cook stirring occasionally until translucent, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and white pepper. Add the chicken stock and water. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
Remove the soup from heat, and let for a few minutes. Use an immersion belnderto puree until smooth. Divide soup among 4 bowls, drizzle with more oil, and serve.
This recipe, as stated, is pretty much just spring onions, and little else. So if you LOVE spring onions you will love this. My husband loved it, both my girls loved it (totally surprised!!) and I honestly wasn't that keen on it, but ate it knowing how much goodness was in this was totally worth it!
Spring onions are one of the SUPERFOODS! like spinach, and berries. They are so good for you if you have a cold (
Here is just a small portion of our Spring Onion harvest. It was a bonza (Australian for excellent) year!! Oh, and the spinach this year was so awesome - the best yet!