Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Odd Little Savings Plan

"I read about the five-dollar savings plan. It goes like this: Every time you find yourself with a five-dollar bill in your possession, you set it aside instead of spending it. At the end of the year, you use the money you've saved for either a big purchase or to do something you wouldn't normally spend the money to do."

I read the above on another blog, via pinterest (and do you think I can find it again - NO.WAY! - sorry - wanted to credit them).
Anyway, I am going to give this a try. I don't tend to have any money on me - mostly use the old debit card (while I still can, you know, before the credit card companies lobby to get them banned).

What will I do with the "extra" moolah?? Hmmm...

Maybe this?


Silhouette Cameo

Or a little of this more often...

  

Ahhhh....sand...
Extra spending money for our beach vacation.

Or homeward bound?
I could add it to the "Going Back Home" holiday savings account.

Or maybe this for next year - would be perfect! I think I dream about this every January. Next year the kids would be a great age for the snow, really able to enjoy it. Hmmmm... decisions, decisions.



What would you do with your stash? Do you think it will work? I think it is worth a try. Not a bad way to start the year. Better go raid the purse :)






No comments:

Post a Comment