Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

31 Days to a Happier Life - Day 24

Today is our 15th Wedding Anniversary!

And our 21st year together.


Through hard times, and the struggles...

Through fun adventures, and hopeful endeavours...

Through heartbreak, and promises fulfilled...

Through strong faith and a steadfast commitment...

                  ...we have endured and continue to grow together.
 



I pray we always listen.

I pray we always talk.

I pray we always consider the bigger picture, before ourselves.


I love this quote he sent me awhile back...seems perfect for us. So, today we celebrate.

{this is from his email}:

made me think of us…

“I’m going to tell you something really subverse. Love is everything it’s cracked up to be. That’s why people are so cynical about it… It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, and risking everything for. And if you don’t risk everything, you risk even more.”

- Erica Jong





Today is also my late mother-in-law's birthday - we miss her so much! The girls were really young when she passed, but still remember her. We strengthen their memory of her by talking about her often, retelling stories, looking at photos, so she is never far from our thoughts. She is still a strong thread in the daily weave of our lives. And her name lives on in my youngest daughter.

So today, Nana, we celebrate your birthday too. xxxooo



 

No comments:

Post a Comment